Uh-oh. I can feeling something coming . . . "Okay, what do you want?"
I shouldn't always assume that my children have some pre-planned agenda when they come and lavish praises on my such as these, but I am often correct in anticipating that something is coming. My kids often don't mind trying, realizing that my answer will often be "no."
- "No, I'm not buying another family car."
- "No, I don't think everyone needs an iPad."
- No, I'm not going to take you out to dinner tonight."
- "No, I won't do your chores. Just because I won't clean the bathroom for you doesn't mean I don't love you."
- "Yes, you can come and talk to me any time of day or night."
- "Yes, I made a mistake, and I'm sorry."
- "Yes, you are right, and I am wrong."